Monday, December 30, 2013

Thorough Cleaning 2013

New Year is one of the most elaborate annual events in Japan. Before the New Year, homes are cleaned, debts are paid off and osechi (Traditional Japanese New Year's meal) is prepared. I also enjoy the Japanese Traditional New Year and still keeping the tradition in Vancouver. I cleaned whole walls, windows, and Carpet in my house. All the dirt from 2013 must go before the new year comes. My favourite place to clean is obviously my Petite Kitchen♡ I hope you can get some ideas of organizing your kitchen from my pictures below.
I like to organize my fridge with many kinds of containers from Japanese dollar store like Yokoyaya in Downtown or Daiso in Richmond. I use white containers to maintain clean fridge because white colour containers can easily see the dirt and the colour makes my fridge even more pure and clean. I use Sauce containers from Daiso for Ketchup, Mayo, BBQ sauce, Mustard and other Asian sauce to organize the door pocket. The White Containers on the shelf is form Ikea and it is perfect for organizing sauces or pastes in a Jar! The containers prevent from dropping Jars, getting dirt on the shelf and it helps reaching ingredients in the inner side of the fridge by pulling out the containers.     

I always wanted to make my mini bar in the living room and I found a perfect box for the mini bar. Now I can enjoy making my Martinis with this mini bar =) 

I polished my oven for a half an hour! When my oven shines, I really feel so good to stand in my Kitchen =)
These clear containers are from Yokoyaya and Daiso. They come with 3 sizes and it can easily open by pushing an edge of the container. It helps organize dried ingredients and Spices. The Containers are perfect size for the space under my oven.   

Organize Your Kitchen and prepare for the Year 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment