Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Dishes

Vancouver's weather is crazy this week. When the weather is very Cold, the first thing I do in the morning is to enjoy a cup of hot coffee. After work, cook some winter dishes and warm up my body and fulfill my heart =) These are all my favorite things to do during the winter time. My winter dishes are mostly soup style or spicy food.  

Tan Tan style Udon noodle: Using ingredients that makes you feel warm include: Toban djan (Chinese chilli sauce), Rayou (Chinese spicy oil), Ginger and Garlic.   

Ton jiru (Pork miso soup): Adding a bit of ginger 

Spicy Tomato hot pot w/ Hot sake: Using Kochi djian (Korean spicy paste) and ginger. Hot sake is absolutely perfect for winter as well as winter dishes. 

Kinoko ankake Udon (Udon with mushrooms and thick sauce)

Flat fish Nitsuke style: Japanese style Stewed fish with lots of sliced ginger will make you sweat!!

My favorite mushroom rice 

Warmth from the wooden dishes will add extra- warmth in my supper =)

Winter is there for you to feel the warms of your friends, family and your partner. But also to appreciate the blessing of nature for incredible ingredients♡  

No comments:

Post a Comment