Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanks giving

Happy Thanks giving day! It was the thanks giving long weekend in Canada last week, so I invited my good friends over to my house and celebrated Thanks giving with my food. We played Mario cart and wii bowling after the dinner, enjoyed my great friday =)
Inari-sushi お稲荷さん
 (fried bean curd stuffed with vinegared rice and seasoned roots vegies)

Chinese sweet and sour meat balls
中華風肉団子

Japanese style sweet and tender simmered pork
初めて作った豚の角煮

Chinese style light pickled cucumber and bean curd
中華風きゅうりと乾燥湯葉の浅漬け

For Thanks giving monday, I went to a store called "Murata" on E. Broadway where sells Japanese Traditional kitchen supplies to shop some of dishes! I got few simple plates and sake pot there, so I made a roasted beef for thanks giving diner and enjoyed Sake with my brother =) 

My Thanks giving Lunch was the Soba

Roasted beef with three kinds of Japanese spices
(Yuzu flavored White Pepper paste, Aged chili paste, and Garlic paste)
ローストビーフ、3種の薬味を添えて
(ゆず胡椒、かんずり、おろしニンニク)

I had this dish paired with hot sake and enjoyed with my brother for Thanks giving family dinner.
収穫祭で、私の作ったローストビーフをおつまみにして兄と晩酌

I found the Kaede looking leaf when I was jogging that morning.
かえでの葉みたいなものは、早朝のジョギングで発見!
最近桂剥きを練習しているが、まだまだ下手で大根のつまが太い。

Right: Yuzu flavored white pepper from the city called "Miyazaki" where my father was born
Left: Aged chili paste from North area in Japan

I Love to cook for some events. Next event is the Halloween and excited to cook something with pumpkins! I have to curve some pumpkins, make some pumpkin cakes, and make a halloween dish... busy busy, yet too excited and already got pumpkin curving set! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment