Sunday, June 16, 2013

HK 2013 pt.3

Day 4 and 5: Hong Kong Style Congee and Dim Sum / Milk pudding /  Local Seafood Restaurant 


As our breakfast, we had hong kong style congee at the restaurant where is famous for Japanese people (I forgot the name of the restaurant... ).
Traditional chinese bowls and chop sticks were so cute!! so I was gonna buy those dishes in Hong Kong. But... yes! my boy friend stopped me because my kitchen is packed already =( 

The fish ball congee was very milky and the perfect salt level. We also had preserved egg congee as well. A lot of my friends say that they don't like smell and the taste of preserved egg, but the preserved egg congee at this restaurant wasn't stinky at all!!!  

We also enjoyed Hong Kong style shrimp noodle. The noodle was nicely hard and the soup had very clear taste!!   
At first, I did not want to have dim sum in Hong Kong since I can have dim sum everywhere in Vancouver. But, real dim sum in Hong Kong can not compare to the one in Vancouver... Chefs in HK make better skins for dim sum. It is nice and chewy texture and the seafood they use are very fresh!!! 

I really enjoyed the shrimp siu mai♥ 

This is the sticky rice ball.

2 kinds of veggie dim sum =)

After the dim sum, we went to shopping at Monkok and enjoyed awesome milk pudding as our snacks. 
This Milk Pudding was one of the best milk pudding I've ever had!!! Rich and milky, but not too sweet at all. The sweetness comes from the fresh milk so you will never get tired of the taste =)

They also have Chocolate, Green tea, Mike tea, and Strawberry flavors. 

Before our dinner, we took a picture of beautiful night view of Hong Kong in front of my friend's condo. The view was way too romantic just like the lights from Star Ort♥  

For Dinner, we had crab dishes from very local styled restaurant. At the restaurant, there was toilet paper on each tables to use it as napkins, and the wash room was.... AWFUL!!! But I will definitely go back to this restaurant because the Crab dishes there was unbelievably amazing and it's something I can not get in anywhere else♥  

The Crab innards on the rice was the best one for me and it was only $5-6 CAN!!!  

My boy friend and other friend loved this Steamed Crab Rice. It is just like Japanese Takikomi- gohan style and crab flavor is used fully in this dish. 

This is the oyster spring rolls!! A lot of baby oysters wrapped in the spring rolls and no stinky ocean smells at all =P

This is the huge crab noodle with tom yum gun flavor. I will never forget the taste of this soup...♥

So this is the the last post for my foodie trip in Hong Kong!! I'm still in Japan for vacation, so I will start posting about food in Japan from the next post =)

XOXO   Asahi =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment