Sunday, January 20, 2013

3 Steps Cooking

I had a wonderful week last week because my friends from Montreal were visiting Vancouver! We had a reunion dinner at Gyukaku Japanese BBQ restaurant. Gyukaku is a famous BBQ franchised restaurant in Japan. They sell many kinds of meat and other tapas food with reasonable price, and you can grill them by yourself at your table. My best friend Mark really liked one of the tapas food called "Shio Cabbage" meaning salt cabbage, and he asked me for the recipe. So I'm gonna post my original Shio Cabbage recipe which is similar to the one at Gyukaku.


Umami Shio Cabbage

 Ingredients: Cabbage      1/4 tea spoon
                  Salt              1/4 tea spoon or More
                  Grated Garlic         1/3 tea spoon 
                    (I used Garlice tube. You can use Garlic powder instead)
                  Kobucha (Kelp tea)       1/3 tea spoon
                    (you can use Chicken Powder instead)
                  Sesame Oil       2 table spoon 
                  Black Pepper        a pinch 

*Add Lemon juice if you feel the dish is too oily or salty

 This is the Chicken powder I use. You can find it at T&T, H-mart, and other Asian store.

First, Cut off and remove the core from the Cabbage. I often use the core part for coleslaw later.  

Cut the 1/4 of Cabbage like picture above, wash and dry with kitchen paper.  

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, and add it to the cabbage. Mix well with cabbage with your hand.

It goes well with beer and sake, or you can have it as a salad as well.

Enjoy my recipe=)

1 comment:

  1. this looks interesting! curious about the 1/4 tsp of cabbage.. should it be 1/4 cup? 1/4 head? or just a whole head (small, med, large)?

    ReplyDelete