Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Regional Recipe

Recently, I'm interested in Japanese Traditional or Regional food. I don't want to waste my opportunity to learn how to cook Japanese since I born as a Japanese Girl =)  
Traditional Summer Meal

Cooked rice with bamboo shoots and Saba
(I used the earthen pot called "Donabe" to cook this rice)
土鍋で炊いた、筍と鯖の炊き込みご飯

The best part of cooking rice with Donabe is the burned part of the rice called "Okoge".
Crunchy and tasty =) 

Regional cold miso soup in Miyazaki (Southern Island in Japan) called "Hiyajiru"
冷や汁

I learned the recipe from my grandmother when I went back to Japan last summer, so I want to share with you guys! Enjoy =)
Ingredients: Crushed Tofu (Red cup)
Sliced Cucumber (Yellow cup)
Grinded  White Sesame seed (Blue cup)
Grinded dried fish (Green cup)
I uses small fish called "Chirimen jyako" for my soup =)

Add Sesame, Dried fish and 2 tbl spoon of white miso in the bowl

Mix them with fork

Add a bit of Hot water and mix it again

Add ice cube, crushed tofu, cold water and mix it again.
Finally, garnish with cucumber, Shiso leaves, Miyoga, Katsuobush, and ichimi chili powder =)

I can only enjoy the Summer food for several month, so I gotta enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment