Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Food

Vancouver is finally getting hot now. When the wether gets hot, I always have cold noodle as most of the Japanese people do!! I believe Noodle is a signature food in Japanese culture. We have 4 main noodle types: RamenUdon, Soba, and Somen, and there are tons of other kind of noodle in each region. For instance, we have the most famous Udon called "Sanuki udon" from Shikoku island (the smallest island in the 4 main island of Japan). An udon from my city is called "Yoshida no Udon", and it's my favorite one. It is firm and very thick compare to Sanuki udon.  Today, I'm gonna introduce you my way of having noodle, and where to get noodle in Vancouver. 
This is Soba served on Zaru with Spicy cold soup and a fresh egg. I used dried soba made in Japan. 
Most of the Japanese traditional style dishes are from Daiso again =)

It is usually with 3-4 bundles. Sometime cheap one taste so fake!! Try to get a Japanese brand. You can get it in most of Asian market in Vancouver area. It is very difficult to make Soba soup, so find a soba soup in bottle at Asian store as well.   
This is Tomato flavored Udon from T&T!

I made an original Italian Tomato cold Ramen for my lunch =) 
I'll post the recipe before the summer ends!

I hope to have a long and thick life as Udon!!
Enjoy your summer with noodle =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment